One of those weeks...

Ever have one of those weeks where nothing seems to go right? Some days I feel like I have super powers and amaze myself with how much I can accomplish and then there are days (or weeks) like this one where I am lucky just to survive.
My almost 10-month old is either getting sick (again!) or is about to cut some teeth because she has been a different baby. She won't sleep and just wants to be carried which doesn't sound so bad but when you're in the thick of it, it can make you want to pull your hair out.
I'm going to say something that I have been afraid to say out loud: sometimes I question the decisions my husband and I made which are that I will stay home with our daughter for now and hopefully expand our family in the near future. I find that I get so caught up in being a mother and a wife that I forget what it is that I wanted out of my life.
Don't get me wrong; I love my family and know that this is the best thing for us right now, it's just a struggle some (okay most) days. I used to get so much satisfaction from my personal accomplishments like going to university and getting two different degrees and these days my accomplishments are all about making baby food AND dinner in the same day or going out to run a few errands with baby in tow. It's amazing how much my life has changed in the two years since I've been married and although my short-term priorities are different, my long-term goals remain the same. I still want to become a teacher. And while most days I am perfectly fine with putting it off until my daughter (plus any future children) are older, I am worried that I will lose myself in the process.
Now that I've said it, I feel much better. Time to go prepare some lunch before the little one wakes up from her nap. Here's hoping she wakes up happier than she went to sleep!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're Pregnant Again?!

And Baby Makes Five!

What Living Day-to-Day is Like for the Parent of a Child With CHD