Our First Trip To Canada's Wonderland

My husband and I decided that yesterday was a good time to take our 14-month-old to Canada's Wonderland. It is a long weekend so I knew it would be busy but it was too beautiful of a day to pass up. We had dinner at home and left in the early evening. I have not been to Wonderland in several years but boy is it expensive! It went something like this:

Parking attendant: "That'll be $20 for regular parking or $25 for premium parking".
Me: Wide-eyed expression "Really? Just to park? What's premium parking?"
Parking attendant: "Premium parking is a designated area that is closer to the gate"
Me: "Right, ok just regular parking. We'll walk"
Parking Attendant: "Sure, $20 please"
Me: Mumbling, hands over money.

I was surprised they didn't also ask for my firstborn. It was already after 6 and the park was only open until 10! My husband gently reminded me that we knew it would be expensive and to let it go. So we parked and walked...and walked...and walked, until we got to the gate. 

Ticket Salesperson: "Oh you get the after 4pm discount so that'll be $85"

That was for two people. I don't think they know what the word discount means. And thank goodness the baby was free or I would have stuffed her under my shirt and pretended I was pregnant!

Neither my husband nor I like roller coasters so we were more than happy to spend our time in the kids' area where we took turns going on rides with our daughter. We had a great time and she loved every second. We got to indulge in the typical amusement park treats like Beaver Tails and cotton candy and then we made the long trek back to our car and went home. Everyone went to bed happy so I will count that as a success and not dwell on the numbers! Fun family experiences are priceless, right? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're Pregnant Again?!

And Baby Makes Five!

What Living Day-to-Day is Like for the Parent of a Child With CHD