Costco

I have come to accept that life with a baby means I can no longer run into stores like Costco for "just a couple of things". I will always spend at least $100. My most recent trip began with me convincing myself that I would stock up on toilet paper and baby wipes, as well as my husband's favourite cheese that is a much better price at Costco than the regular grocery store. However, to get to the cheese and toilet paper (which are conveniently located at the back of the store), I had to walk by the clothes. So I grabbed a t-shirt for my hard-working husband and then noticed some really cute children's pj's and picked up one of those.
I finally made it to the grocery section where I found the items I needed and made my way towards the cash.
Since my daughter was born I always make a point to check the price of diapers and sure enough, they were on sale. I didn't need them just yet but I knew that when I did there wouldn't be a sale (Murphy's Law), so I threw a box in my cart and off we went. I spent a grand total of $164.36. I avoided the aisles, I only got items we needed (I will need the diapers eventually) and I still managed to spend that much. I have a love/hate relationship with Costco. I hate that I love that store so much. It is just so much fun to peruse the aisles, taste the yummy samples and convince myself that I need things I don't actually need.

Comments

  1. I don't have a Costco in the city I live in, so when I am able to go with a friend it's like I am a kid in a candy store!! There is never a chance of getting out of there without spending the $100 like you mentioned! Hey, as long as hubby is not complaining, it's all good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You're Pregnant Again?!

And Baby Makes Five!

What Living Day-to-Day is Like for the Parent of a Child With CHD