Moving

My husband and I are getting ready to list our first home. It is a townhouse and we are looking to buy a detached home as our family grows and our needs change. We are feeling so many different emotions: stressed at the thought of packing up our home and keeping it in perfect condition since prospective buyers will be coming through with very little notice, excited because we are moving forward with our plans for our family, nostalgic because this is the first home we bought as a couple and began to build our life in. This is also the home we brought our first child into. These walls hold all of our married life memories, as well as our daughter's first words, steps, gestures.
I have been looking forward to purchasing a new home for so long that I'm surprising myself with how sad I feel. I will just have to keep reminding myself of all the new memories we will make in our next home. I've got plenty of work to do in the next few weeks to keep my mind occupied!

Comments

  1. Good Luck with your move! It's a lot of work but it sounds like you are doing it for really good reasons. As for the memories, hold the ones that you have now dear to your heart and be excited for the new ones you will create in a new beautiful home for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You're Pregnant Again?!

And Baby Makes Five!

What Living Day-to-Day is Like for the Parent of a Child With CHD