A Letter to My Unborn Child

Hi sweet girl,
The day has finally come! We are going to meet you tomorrow and Daddy and I could not be more excited. We just want to hug and kiss you and tell you how much we love you. I want you to know that I loved you even before I knew we were going to have you. You have been our miracle baby from the very beginning.
Your birth and first few weeks of life are going to be a little more complicated than they should be but we will get through it as a family.
If there was any way I could stop you from feeling pain, I would take your place in a second. I wish I could be the one having this surgery and that your tiny body would not have to go through this. I'm sorry that I cannot do that for you but I promise to be by your side through the whole thing. If I don't get to hold you as much as we would like just know that even if you can't feel me I will still be there so you never have to wonder where I am.
Let me tell you a little bit about your big sister. She is very funny and loves to make all of us laugh. Right now she plays a game where she copies everything we say. She thinks it's hilarious when we laugh and even when we tell her to stop. She is also very caring and has been giving you lots of kisses through my belly. I hope you have been able to feel them and hear her voice. She thinks your name is Baby Sister but I'm sure she will get used to your actual name soon! I cannot wait to see you two together. My hope is that you have the same bond with each other that I have with my own sisters. You have a lifelong best friend in each other and I am looking forward to seeing you two grow up together.
I love you very much and am so proud of the fighter that you are. You can do this sweet girl. I have faith in you.

Love,
Mommy

Comments

  1. This child of yours is so blessed to have an amazing Mom in you. She will be surrounded with Angels Love and love from you family and friends. She'll never be alone and she'll know/feel she is loved so very very much. I send you all my Love and surrounded you with the Protective Wings of Angels.
    Mar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You're Pregnant Again?!

And Baby Makes Five!

What Living Day-to-Day is Like for the Parent of a Child With CHD