Weekend Getaway Update

Our much anticipated weekend getaway was...successful! The only thing I forgot was a hairbrush for myself so I had to comb my hair with my fingers for two days-not a big deal. We went on a boat cruise, had lunch and dinner in restaurants and enjoyed every single minute.
Don't get me wrong, it was still hard work. Trying to think of everything we would need for ourselves and baby was stressful but if I forgot something, it wouldn't have been too hard to go to a store and get whatever we needed.
Nighttime was especially interesting. Our daughter loves her crib and has been sleeping through the night for some time. She was so confused as to why we were all in the same room and thought it was party time rather than bedtime and was not happy about having to sleep in her playpen which was 3 feet away from our bed.
My final verdict is that I would do it again because the memories my family created exceeded any stress I had to endure while I was preparing. We had a blast and are looking forward to our next getaway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're Pregnant Again?!

And Baby Makes Five!

What Living Day-to-Day is Like for the Parent of a Child With CHD