Life With Two Littles

As I was trying to think about how to start this post, my two-month old woke up crying. That was two hours ago. Now that she has been fed, changed and entertained for awhile, she is snoozing and I have a chance to try this again. What better way to write a post about the craziness of having two children under three years old than with a plethora of interruptions.
I finally sat down with a glass of water and checked my email while I gathered my thoughts. After a quick trip to the bathroom I returned to find a small toy in my water which was now cloudy from the grubby fingers of my toddler who had been playing outside. I got up once more to put the glass in the sink and wash her hands only to have her tell me she had a poopy bum. (Potty training a stubborn little girl is another topic altogether so stay tuned for a post about that!) Fast-forward five stomach-turning minutes and here I am...again.
Before my second was born, I knew my life would get significantly busier but I couldn't fully appreciate just how much until now. Before I was a mom I could get up and go if I needed something from the store or just wanted to get out for some fresh air. Now I have to think about feeding schedules, nap time, how long I will be out and how many snacks and/or bottles of milk I need to bring with me. Not too long ago, my sister in law was over and we decided to walk to the park. She stood by and watched me go through my list of items I needed to bring and run around the house getting hats and applying sunscreen. I really hope I haven't put her off of having kids of her own one day. She asked me if it was hard being a mom and I answered honestly that it is. But I also told her that it's the most amazing gift. My children are the very best parts of my husband and I all rolled into these adorable little packages. So I will take the craziness, the frazzled scurrying around and the constant worrying that I did something wrong. One day I can sit back and enjoy my handiwork and, with any luck, watch as my girls join the motherhood club and go through these same crazy days. I will sit in my quiet house drinking my coffee while it's still hot after having just enjoyed a long shower. One day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're Pregnant Again?!

And Baby Makes Five!

What Living Day-to-Day is Like for the Parent of a Child With CHD