Back to the grind

I had taken some time off from blogging in order to get settled into my parents' home (where we will be living until we find our next home). Moving was exhausting physically, mentally and emotionally. My husband had the great idea to move on our own without the help of a moving company. At first I was happy he wanted to save money but as we got closer to our moving date, panic began to set in and we both realized it wasn't a good idea.
The one positive is that we did not have time to be sad about leaving our first home. We were way too busy to think about it. We did it all with my Mazda 3 and his Ford pick-up truck. Let me just say that neither of those vehicles has the capacity to move an entire house without a substantial number of trips to and from our storage facility. Although it didn't seem like we had much, we were so wrong! Throw in a one-year-old and we had total chaos on moving weekend.
Thankfully, we learned our lesson and when it comes time to move again, we will be using a moving company.
 Once we got settled in, it really hit me. Every time I think about all the memories we made in that house, my heart aches. We brought our little girl home there. She took her first steps in the family room at that house. I can still picture the exact spot where she started walking and the excitement I felt that she was doing it by herself.
I am looking forward to the future, buying a new home and making memories in that home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're Pregnant Again?!

And Baby Makes Five!

What Living Day-to-Day is Like for the Parent of a Child With CHD